Let start cooking grasshoppers! Fish “rillettes”, that’s so old fashion! Tuna with fresh cheese, that’s a nice way to welcome your guests for a party, but let step up the game by cooking insects! For today, we will use grasshoppers for cooking. Don’t worry, that’s nice, easy and tasty!
A simple video for helping you cooking grasshoppers’ spread
Ingredients for 15 cooked grasshopers spread
- 1 box of grasshoppers for cooking
- Some parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/3 cucumber
- 150g of fresh cheese for spreading
- salt pepper and curry
- Grilled toasts
- Take off the grasshoppers’ wings, fry them in a little amount of oil, the shallot and the chiselled parsley. Mix everything in a blender.
- Grate the carrot and the cucumber. Then, mix the grasshopper powder, the vegetables and the fresh cheese. Add salt, pepper and curry to taste.
- For finishing, spread your grilles toasts. As an option, you can add some seasoned insects such as a Greek spices or Curry Grasshoppers on each bite.
You see, that’s not so hard to cook grasshoppers and other kind of insects! If you enjoyed this way of cooking with insects, stay tuned and follow our edible insects’ recipe collection on our blog…