You started your halloween event with an insect recipe as a starter, you’ll finish it with a dessert containing insects!
To finish your Halloween event by pleasing your sweet vampire’s tooth, discover our recipe made out of edible insects! It will please all the skeletons attending your party: The Grave’s verrines! (A story told that it’s the favourite dessert of werewolves)
As we know that everybody is always jumping on the dessert, we created individual portions to be sure that everybody gets its own.
In this Halloween’s recipe, where are the insects? In the tombstone! We added some buffalo worms ground into powder in the biscuits. They will add some proteins and an exquisite nutty taste.
Ingredients for 8 grave’s verrines
For the buffalo worm biscuits :
- One boxBuffalo worms for cooking
- 40g of flour
- 60g of butter
- 60g of sugar
- 2 white eggs
- 1 bag of sweet vanilia powder
- 1 chocolate pen
For the chocolate cream :
- We recommend this recipe just ?there tested and approved !
- One bag of Oreos
- 1 chocolate pen
Preparation of your Halloween edible insects recipe
- Work on the butter with a whip until it is as creamy as your heart.
- Add the sugar, the vanillia, the flour and the buffalo worms reduced into powder and mix everything.
- Add the 2 white eggs.
- Put some butter and flour on a baking sheet.
- Spread some small rods with a piping bag by letting some space between them.
- Cook between 7 and 8 minutes in the oven at 200°C.
- Be careful it’s hot ! Let cool before trying one 🙂
- Write some text on the biscuits with the chocolate pen (ex: the first name of your worst enemy).
- Split your Oréos in 2 and crumble them on your cold chocolate cream.
- For finishing, plant the tombstone in your grave cream.
- It’s time for tasting your dessert in your most awful costume!
Don’t hesitate to discover all of edible insects recipes on our blog!