During the summer’s barbecues, we all know and enjoy kebabs. Everything that you can enjoy to eat can be put on a skewer; from tomatoes, bell peppers to chicken, shrimps and tofu. Did you know that we can also serve them as a dessert? At JIMINI’S, we’re not missing any opportunity to serve them in their sweet versions. For sweetness and freshness, we vary between juicy fruits and crispy grasshoppers everything coated in chocolate and sprinkled with almonds and coconut. Fruits, chocolate and grasshoppers skewers; we’re in!
Ingredients for 10 grasshoppers, fruits and chocolate skewers
- One box of grasshoppers to cook
- 8 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 pear
- 1 black chocolate bar
- Some coconut powder
- Some almond powder/li>
- White chocolate chips
- Sugar pearls
- 10 skewers
Preparation of the insects skewers
1. Start by gently taking off the grasshoppers’ wings. If you don’t know how to it, follow the guide!
2. Melt your black chocolate bar gently in a double boiler.
3. Cut your strawberries in half, your banana in slices and your pear into dices. That’s a lot of geometry!
4. With a fork, coat your banana slices, strawberries, pears and grasshoppers in chocolate and in your favourite topping. Almonds and grasshoppers, coconut and banana, strawberry and chocolate chips, your creativity is your only limit.
5. You can prepare your skewers by adding consecutively grasshoppers and fruits to vary between the crispiness of the grasshopper and the melting of the fruits.
6. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Serve to your guests and enjoy! Don’t let the skewers rest too long under the sun.