You can not go wrong with a pasta bake, and what better than with high protein pasta made from insect flour! It’s quick, tasty and looks impressive served from the dish. The flavours of tomato, mozzarella and parmesan go perfectly with basil, and a few extra freshly torn leaves in really compliment the dish. Our Basil Fusilli high protein pasta contains 18.7% protein, so is the perfect base to any healthy meal.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 200g JIMINI’s High Protein Insect Pasta – Basil Fusilli
- 3 handfuls Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 ball mozzarella
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C and a pan of water to boil. Add a good pinch of sea salt.
- In a large frying pan heat some olive oil and add the onion, frying on a low heat until softened. Then add the garlic, chopped cherry tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Add a good splash of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Cook your JIMINI’s High Protein Basil Fusilli according to the instructions pack.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and return to the pan. Then add the tomato sauce and stir in well.
- Tear up your basil leaves and mozarella and stir into the sauce. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Top with plenty of grated parmesan and put into your preheated oven until the cheese is melted and golden.