We think our protein packed pasta goes perfectly with mushrooms and Parmesan. Sometimes you just need a simple meal that is high in nutritional value, but low on time spent slaving away in the kitchen! We are all about keeping things simple, so just like our pasta which has just three ingredients, we’ve tried to keep our recipes simple with just a few ingredients and steps to follow. We think the addition of lemon zest gives the dish an extra zing and adds a splash of color to the plate too. You could always add in your favorite herbs too such as thyme, or some delicious fresh flat-leaf parsley.
2 servings JIMINI’S Plain Conchiglie Rigate protein packed pasta
250g button mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Small knob of butter
Splash of olive oil
Small handful grated Parmesan
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Salt & pepper
1. Put a pan of salted water on to boil.
2. Heat olive oil and butter over a medium heat in a heavy based frying pan
3. Add the mushrooms, and gently saute for around 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook JIMINI’S Conchiglie Rigate protein packed pasta according to pack instructions.
5. Then add the garlic to the mushrooms and continue to skip until the garlic is slightly browned. Be careful not to burn it as it will taste bitter!
6. When the mushrooms and garlic are nearly done, add your protein packed pasta to the pan, and mix together well.
7. Season with plenty of black pepper and some sea salt to taste.
8. Transfer to plates or bowls. Scatter over the parmesan and finish with some lemon zest.
If you give any of our recipes a try don’t forget to tag us in them on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using #Jiminis We always want to see what you’ve been up to and where in the world you’ve been enjoying our products.
Be the first to post a comment