Our insect protein pasta is packed full of goodness and our conchiglie is no exception! By using buffalo worm flour combined with durum wheat and eggs, this delicious high protein pasta goes amazingly with so many different sauces and flavor combinations! We thought we would try something a bit different this week and have gone for an old favorite … pesto! JIMINI’S, for a creamy, nutty flavor.
1/3 pack JIMINI’S Plain Conchiglie Rigate Insect Protein Pasta
1 very ripe avocado
100g brazil nuts
1 clove garlic
Large handful basil
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp water
1. Put a pan of well salted water on to boil.
2. Scoop out the flesh from the avocado and place into a food processor along with the nuts, basil, garlic, water and olive oil.
3. Blend all the ingredients until you have a smooth, creamy sauce. Season well with salt and pepper. It should be lovely and green from the avocado and basil!
4. Cook the JIMINI’s High Protein Pasta according to the pack instructions and then drain.
5. Stir the pesto sauce into the insect flour pasta and then transfer to a bowl.
6. Squeeze a good amount of lemon over the top of your pasta and maybe a little more black pepper on top! Enjoy your meal!
Did you know you can make a yummy pesto with pretty much anything. Pine nuts are traditionally used with basil, but you could substitute it with walnuts, almonds or pistachios. You can also replace the basil with rocket, watercress or a mixture of different herbs such as coriander, dill and parsley. The possibilities are endless!
Montosa26 February 2018See all replies (1) Reply
Lucas Choquet4 February 2020