At JIMINI’S, we all love honey! It’s a natural sugar that contains antioxidants that are beneficial for our health. Honey has a lower glycemic index than sugar so you get all the sweetness without a glycemic peak. With different flavours, it’s very versatile and different kinds of honey have different taste.
We love so much honey, that we also use it for cooking. For this recipe, we used the sweetness of our spring honey, some acidic apple and the character of goat cheese.
Ingredients for 12 bricks with goat cheese and honey
– 12 sheets of bricks
– Some JIMINI’S spring honey
– 10 leaves of fresh mint
– 1 nice apple
– 150gr of goat cheese
– Some butter
– Salt and pepper
– Cut the apple and goat cheese in dice and chisel the mint leaves. (Keep a mint leave apart as a decoration)
– In a pot, melt delicately the apple dices with butter and water at low heat.
– Add some salt and pepper.
– Turn down the heat, add some mint leaves, mix and reserve in a recipient.
– Fold the first of the brick sheet (the video is here for helping you) and add dices of apple.
– Add 2 dices of goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of honey.
– Fold your first brick to obtain a triangle.
– Prepare the 12 bricks.
– Heat a pan at low temperature with some olive oil and golden the bricks for 5 minutes on each side.
– In a plate, put the goat cheese and honey bricks, cover with some honey and add a mint leaf for the decoration.
We hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as we did! If you try it, please share the pictures with us!