Edible insects can be cooked and prepared in a lot of different ways! That’s why at JIMINI’S we love to create a lot of different recipes with insects from starter to dessert. For today, we prepared a crumble with red fruits and mealworms. The slight sourness of red fruits will be perfectly balanced with the mealworms nutty flavour. When you’ll take it out from the oven, it’s crispy and perfectly golden! For those of you who could be impressed by the visual aspect of edible insects, we turned them into powder.
Recipe : 8 edible insects and red fruits crumbles
- 110g of all-purpose flour
- 80g of sugar
- 80g of butter
- 250g of strawberries
- 200g of raspberries
- 1/2 lemon
- One box of mealworms for cooking – Origine
- Grind your mealworms into powder
- In a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, the mealworm powder and the sugar. Continue by adding the butter in small pieces. Mix it vigorously with your fingers until it gets bread crumbs’ texture.
- Preheat your oven at 410°F (thermostat 6).
- During this time, wash your red fruits. Cut the strawberries and raspberries in big chunks in a bowl and add the juice of a half lemon.
- Dispose them in ramekins and cover with the dough. Heat in the oven for 30 min. Your crumbles should be crispy and golden as needed.
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 30 min (We know that it will be hard!). For a fresh touch you can add some lemon zest on top of the crumbles.
If you want to discover all of our recipes, come to our blog where we’re preparing some tasty recipes made out with edible insects.